月曜日, 2月 01, 2010

韓国ポップを関して事ちょっと言って。。。

So I downloaded Girl Generation/SNSD's new album entitled "Oh!".



For starters it isn't that bad.In fact...it's really brilliant!That coming from someone who can't understand a single sentence of Korean.So I admit that me not trying out SNSD ... Wonder Girls ... Kara and even Big Bang(their Korean release of course.Their bunch of Japanese singles are neat so far.) is to my disadvantage.

So back to SNSD.At the moment I'm loving a majority of the tracklist in this album,notably "Oh!","Show! Show! Show!","Gee" and "Genie".It doesn't take much to get a liking for the last two songs though lul.

1.Lovely beat and rhythm accompanying the songs.
2.Voices are clear and lines are evenly distributed amongst the 9 members(for some songs).
3.They sure seem to be having lots of fun.That's cool.

But then the 'doomhammer' slams down!

I DON'T UNDERSTAND ANYTHING THEY ARE SAYING!!!

Although music knows no language boundaries...knowing the meanings of the lyrics is quite impt for me,if not the most important.To me a song is a short poem or story that the singer wishes to tell us.Knowing the meaning of the song can supersize the effect of the song to the listener,esp when they are going though different mood periods(songs about love for the lovesick etc.)

As much as I want to 'adopt' SNSD as part of my fanboy-idol life...the language boundary certainly puts a big dent on that idea.Such a pity -.-